Sunday, May 23, 2010

Splashes of Color in Death Valley.


On Thursday, May 20th, I did a trip to Titus Canyon. The desert is now blooming up at around 3000 to 5000 feet elevation.




These photos were taken down the mountain about 1/2 of a mile East of Daylight Pass.








Parked at the highest elevation on the Titus Canyon Road.
The scenery is spectacular. This is called "Red Pass".



Photo taken between Red pass and Leadfield.








The Princes' Plume was vivd against the grays and browns of Death Valley.











These Desert Five Star were taken at the Titus Canyon parking lot at the mouth of the canyon.





Petroglyphs in Limestone at Clare Springs.


What a remarkable day!

3 comments:

  1. Dad, I love all of the flower pictures! Especially the Desert Five Spot's and the long blue one! Love you! And I love you blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful Brad! But DANG ... I thought I went to Death Valley at the height of the season - looks like I missed out a little.

    ReplyDelete